Dueling Candles - Soy or Paraffin - Which is Better?
Undoubtedly, if we had any question, we wouldn’t be
making soy candles! We’ve come up with
our top ten reasons why soy candles are better than paraffin wax candles.
- Soy candles definitely last longer than paraffin wax
candles due to soy's lower melting point.
- On average, a soy candle lasts up to 50% longer
than paraffin wax candles.
- The popular 14-ounce container (filled with
paraffin wax) will last up to 75 hours on a
continuous burn. A similar 14-ounce container filled with soy
was will last over 100
2. Burning a soy candle does NOT release any toxins
into the air. They are
soy candles are all natural – no paraffin – no toxins! Soy candles produce little
soot. With two of our team members being
retired science teachers, they will tell you that all
some soot. The important thing
about our soy candles is that you won’t find
any stains on your curtains
or blinds from our soy candles! The
black residue at the bottom of
the candles is also not present when our
candles burn to the end.
3. Paraffin is a product of petroleum. When paraffin wax candles burn,
carcinogens are released
into the air.
As most of you probably know already, carcinogens can cause cancer
researchers have identified up to seven major toxins in
paraffin wax. (Safe Drinking Water and Toxic
Enforcement Act of 1986)
4. Soybeans from
our farmers are renewable resources.
Soy wax is made from soybeans.
and burning soy candles helps the American agricultural
5. With soy candles made from a renewable resource, you
will make more efficient use of an
energy source. It is definitely eco-friendly!
6. Because soy wax is a product from soybean plants, you
will find that soy wax is biodegradable.
If you accidentally spill some soy wax onto your table, it’s easy
to clean up with just soap and
water – no scraping necessary! We already tried this.
7. The fragrance from a soy candle spreads around an
entire room longer than paraffin candles,
offering a pleasant welcome to
8. Although we don’t want you to touch the flame of a
lighted soy candle, we will tell you that
touching the melted wax will not
burn your finger.
9. Our soy candles do not contain any gel. Even though gel candles will not
build-up can cause glass candle containers to shatter.
10. We use cotton
wicks for our candles. Cotton
wicks also are also eco-friendly.
Wicks in the
States cannot, by law, have lead in
them; however non-cotton wicks do
soot common to a burning paraffin wax candle.
Press the candle to return
to our home page.